Services for the week
- SUNDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- MONDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- TUESDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am
- WEDNESDAY Communion Service 10.00 am Mass 7.00 pm
- THURSDAY Mass 10.00 am Mass & Way of the Cross 7 00 pm
- FRIDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- SATURDAY: Mass 10.00 am Vigil Mass 6.00 p
Collections: The Offertory collection last weekend realized £451.17 and the Special Collection, for Papal and Episcopal Charities, £486.17 Grateful thanks to all who donated.
This is Easter Duty time, which requires Catholics to receive Holy Communion and, if necessary, go to Confession.
There is a Lenten Alms Basket in the church. Proceeds go to charities of the Cardinal’s choice.
A Plenary Indulgence may be gained by those who devoutly make the Way of the Cross.
In your charity, please remember: Roddy Chisholm, Thomas Gourlay, George McCallum, Peter O’Connor and all the sick and housebound. Bruno and Maria Corvi, Angus McDonald, whose anniversaries occur about this time.
- VIGIL: People of the Parish
- SUNDAY: Angus McDonald
- MONDAY: Chris McCaffrey
- WEDNESDAY:Catherine Rodger
- THURSDAY: Bruno & Maria Corvi (morning) Alex Davie (evening)
- FRIDAY: Jim Meechan
- SATURDAY: Flora & Robert Hendrie
SVP Caravan Holidays : for parishioners who otherwise wouldn’t get a holiday break. We have been allocated three slots – two at Port Seton and one at Petticur Bay, Fife. If you’d like to be considered, please add your name to the list in the Hall (please remember that we often have more applications than available slots).
200 Club Winners:
- 7.02.10: no. 6 – Mrs. M. Madden
- 14. 02.10: no…. – Mr Richard Mulholland
- 21.02.10: no. 198 – Mr E. Tooey (snr)
Parish Archive We are building an archive of the history of our parish and are looking for information – in the form of recollections, anecdotes, documents, photographs or any other material that would be of parochial interest.
- Do you have photographs of events that took place either inside, or in the grounds of our current church – or the previous ones?
- Did you go on an outing with fellow parishioners and have a story to tell or photographs of the occasion?
- If you have documents, photographs, information or any items of interest you would like to share with us, please pass them to William McAllister. Please add your name and address, so that we can return the original material once it has been scanned. (Your personal details will NOT be published without your permission!)
- The collated information will be published on our website.
- We intend to hold a special Evening Event in the Hall, later in the year, when the Archive will be displayed.
If you are able to help us in any way, please contact either Maria Ford (01506 510 629) or Richard Mulholland (01506 827 689)…….. Thank you for your help!!
Book Sale Springtime is a good excuse to clean out cupboards….and bookcases! If you are disposing of any books in good condition, we would be very grateful for them – just hand them to any of the Pass Keepers. We are hoping to have a Book Sale in late spring/summer. Proceeds will go to the Children’s Liturgy and the Flower Fund.
New Notice Boards and Hymn Books Minutes of the Pastoral Council meetings will be posted on one of the very smart new Notice Boards in the Hall! Could we also please request that our new Hymn Books are treated with care. Thank you!
Volunteers Wanted Urgently….. to help with the Children’s Liturgy on Sundays. Please see Maria Ford for details.