Services for the week
- SUNDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- MONDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- TUESDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- WEDNESDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am
- THURSDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am Mass 7.00 pm
- FRIDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- SATURDAY: Mass 10.00 am Vigil Mass 6.00 pm
- WAY of the CROSS: Shortened version after the Communion Service on Friday morning
Collections: The Offertory collection last weekend realized £439.19, and the second collection, £100.69 Thanks to all who contributed.
Teas and Coffees are being served in the Hall after Sunday Mass next week.
200 Club Winners:
- 18.07.10: no. 24 – Mrs. Colleen Malarky
- 25.07.10: no.182 – Mrs. M. Moffat
In your charity, please remember; Bridie Allan, Roddy Chisholm, Kathleen Dalyell, Annette Dunn, Thomas Gourley, George McCallum, and all the sick and housebound. Tommy Allan, John McAllister (snr), John and Colin Wardrop, whose anniversaries occur about this time.
VIGIL: John McAllister (snr)
- SUNDAY: People of the Parish
- MONDAY: John Wardrop
- TUESDAY: Colin Wardrop
- THURSDAY: John Wright
- FRIDAY: Tommy Allan
- SATURDAY: Annette Dunn
May we remind anyone who has not completed a Census form this year, to do so as soon as possible please? Forms are available in the Hall from the pass keepers and literally take just a couple of minutes to fill in.
Monsignor Brennan Memorial: A sycamore maple tree, Prinz Handjery, has now been planted at the north side of the Church. A plaque is on order to place beside it. The bench has arrived and is being prepared for the garden.
We now have some details of the visit of Pope Benedict XVI to Scotland on Thursday, 16th September. There are two opportunities to see the Holy Father:- firstly, in the St Ninian’s Day Pageant in Edinburgh, starting at 11.00 am and later at the Papal Mass in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow.
Please note that admission to the Mass is strictly by ticket only
To date, we do not know how many tickets will be allocated to St Mary’s and we understand that access to Bellahouston will be restricted to Parish- arranged coaches.
- If you wish to be considered for a ticket to the Mass, please fill in FORM A in the Hall.
- As a special community event, we are considering showing the Papal Mass live in the Church Hall. If you would be interested in watching this, please fill in FORM B in the Hall.
- For details of the St Ninian’s Day Pageant, please see the notice board in the Hall
We will publish more details in the Newsletter as soon as we have them!
The Parish Photographic Archive is building up nicely – but we’re still looking for more! Please bring us any photographs that relate to St Mary’s and its people…… In these hi-tech days, we just need to scan your photograph into the computer and can return it to you, unchanged within seconds! Please help us if you can – the more material we have, the more interesting and nostalgic the end result!!