Services for the week
- SUNDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- MONDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am
- TUESDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am Mass 7.00 pm
- WEDNESDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- THURSDAY: Mass 10.00 am Mass and Novena 7.00 pm
- FRIDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- SATURDAY: Mass 10.00 am Vigil Mass 6.00 pm
The blessing of St Blaise will be given immediately after the Vigil and Sunday Masses this weekend.
Collections: The Offertory Collection last weekend realized £413.12, and the special collection, for the African Missions and the Holy Places £343.10. Grateful thanks to all contributors
In your charity, please remember; Bridie Allan, Isabel Boardman, David Clelland, Nan Cummings, Gladys Docherty, James Docherty, Annette Dunn, Thomas Gourley, George McCallum, Michelle Orr and all the sick and housebound.
Greta Bryce, Catherine McAdam, James Dickson, Owen McAvoy and Danny McLaughlin, Hugh & Unity Mulraney and Betty Shankly, whose anniversaries occur about this time.
- VIGIL: Catherine McAdam
- SUNDAY: People of the Parish
- TUESDAY: May Cullen
- WEDNESDAY: Teresa Kennedy
- THURSDAY: Hugh & Unity Mulraney (morning) Moira Hutchison (evening)
- FRIDAY: Betty Shankly
- SATURDAY: Sheila & Paddy Rodgers
Bo’ness Churches Together News
The following Holy Week timetable of Services has been arranged and a leaflet with further information will be available nearer the time:-
· Monday, 18th April: St Catharine’s Episcopal Church, 7:30pm
l Tuesday, 19th April: Carriden Church, 7:30pm
l Wednesday, 20th April: St Mary’s Church, 7:30pm
l Holy Thursday, 21st April: Richmond Park Hotel, 7:30pm
l Good Friday, 22nd April: Salvation Army Citadel, 7:30pm
l Holy Saturday, 23rd April: St Andrew’s Church. Time to be confirmed.
Easter Sunday, 24th April:
8.00 am…..Sunrise Service will be held in the ruins of Kinneil Church (behind Kinneil House). Afterwards, everyone is invited to the Old Kirk Parish Hall for a welcomed hot breakfast!
6.30 pm…..Evening Service will take place in the Town Hall.
Everyone welcome to both these Services.
Kids Group: A new Group is being set up in the Salvation Army Citadel Hall, for children between the ages of 5 and 8 years. The first meeting will be held on Thursday 24th February from 6-7pm.
Craigmailen Church Lunch Group is held on the first Tuesday of each month from
12. 30 – 2pm. Price for a two course lunch is £3.00. Please phone 01506 823100 to book a Lunch. All are welcome.
Appeal for India:
The people of Bo’ness are being asked to support a group of teenagers in the town. These young people are travelling to India in mid February to work / help and have raised funds for their own transport.
They are taking gifts for the children and valuable resources for the people of this very poor area. First year pupils at Bo’ness Academy are currently making individual gift bags and would be grateful for donations of craft items such as ribbon, paper, card, stickers, glitter etc.
Among the items the bags will contain are:
· Pants – (for boys and girls, aged 2-7 years)
· Vitamins – (multi vitamins).
Would Parishioners wishing to donate items, please leave them in the Hall and Maria Ford will pass them to Youth Worker Lilias Snedden, who will be accompanying the group to India.
· Any donations of cash will help to support the teacher at Pastor Raj’s Tutor Centre, two nurses at the Martha Medical Clinic or blankets (cheaper to buy in India!) for the Leprosy Mission.
Please help in anyway you can!