Services for the week
- SUNDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- MONDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- TUESDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am
- WEDNESDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am Mass 7.00 pm
- THURSDAY: (Feast of St Patrick) Mass 10.00 am Mass and Way of the Cross 7.00 pm
- FRIDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- SATURDAY: (Feast of St Joseph) Mass 10.00 am Vigil Mass 6.00 pm
WAY of the CROSS: Short version, after Mass every Friday throughout Lent.
Collections: The Offertory Collection last weekend realized £445.52, and the Special Collection, (for Fr Boyd’s Golden Jubilee), £526.05 Grateful thanks to all generous contributors.
This is now the period of Easter Duties:The Church requires Catholics to go to Holy Communion at least once a year and, if necessary (ie in a state of Mortal Sin), to go to Confession.
· A Plenary Indulgence is available for those who devoutly make the Way of the Cross.
· A Lenten Alms basket is in the church and SCIAF ‘Wee Boxes’ are available in the Hall
In your charity, please remember; Bridie Allan, Isabel Boardman, David Clelland, Gladys Docherty, James Docherty, Jessie Donaldson, Thomas Gourley, Jane McCafferty, George McCallum, Michelle Orr and all the sick and housebound.
George Hamilton, Jessie Rintoul, Catherine Snedden and George Stewart, whose anniversaries occur about this time.
Dympna Stewart, who died recently
- VIGIL: People of the Parish
- SUNDAY: Jessie Rintoul
- MONDAY: Catherine Snedden & George Hamilton
- WEDNESDAY: The Sweeney Family
- THURSDAY: Chris McCaffrey (morning) Agnes & Tommy Carlin (evening)
- FRIDAY: Dympna Stewart SATURDAY: Annette Dunn
Bo’ness Churches Together News The following Holy Week timetable of Services has been arranged and a leaflet with further information will be available nearer the time:-
- Monday, 18th April: St Catharine’s Church, 7:30pm
- Tuesday, 19th April: Carriden Church, 7:30pm
- Wednesday, 20th April: St Mary’s Church, 7:30pm
- Holy Thursday, 21st April: Richmond Park Hotel, 7:30pm
- Good Friday, 22nd April: Salvation Army Citadel, 7:30pm
- Holy Saturday, 23rd April: St Andrew’s Church. Time to be confirmed.
Easter Sunday, 24th April:
8.00 am…..Sunrise Service will be held in the ruins of Kinneil Church (behind Kinneil House). Afterwards, everyone is invited to the Old Kirk Parish Hall for a welcomed hot breakfast!
6.30 pm…..Evening Service will take place in the Town Hall.
Everyone welcome to both these Services.
‘Growing Into Silence’ – Recommended Lenten Book
This year, the Cardinal’s Archdiocesan Recommended Lent Book is ‘Growing Into Silence’ following on from the highly successful BBC Programme ‘The Big Silence’, which generated a huge amount of interest around the country. The book is a resource with various prayer exercises that can be used in the 6 weeks of Lent by individuals or groups. A guideline for group leaders is available for those who wish to lead a Reading Group.
Books are available at £5 per copy from firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Christmas Party, postponed because of the bad weather, will be held on Friday evening, 29th April in the Hall. We considered moving it to January/February, but the weather then, is still unpredictable. Lent follows and so we decided that April 29th would be a good time and hopefully, everyone can come and ‘let their hair down’!
· This year’s Christmas Party is scheduled for Friday, 16th December (weather permitting!……)
· Caravan lets for 2011 are available to parishioners who otherwise, would not get a break. There is a list for names on the noticeboard. We have 4 lets available this year. Please remember that we sometimes have more requests than spaces available.
· The new SVP President for West Lothian will be local man William; the first parishioner to hold this post for a very long time!