Services for the week
- SUNDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- MONDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- TUESDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am
- WEDNESDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am Mass 7.00 pm
- THURSDAY: Mass 10.00 am Mass and Way of the Cross 7.00 pm
- FRIDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- SATURDAY: Mass 10.00 am Vigil Mass 6.00 pm
- CONFESSIONS : Saturday, after morning Mass and from 5.30 to 5.55 pm
- WAY of the CROSS: Short version, after Mass every Friday throughout Lent.
Collections: The Offertory Collection last weekend realized £503.49 and the Special Collection for the Holy Ghost Fathers, £595.94 (topped up to £600). Grateful thanks to all contributors.
Today: Special Collection for SCIAF and Papal & Episcopal Charities
This is now the period of Easter Duties:The Church requires Catholics to go to Holy Communion at least once a year and, if necessary (ie in a state of Mortal Sin), to go to Confession. A Plenary Indulgence is available for those who devoutly make the Way of the Cross. A Lenten Alms basket is in the church and SCIAF ‘Wee Boxes’ are available in the Hall
In your charity, please remember; Marlene Campbell, Gladys Docherty, James Docherty, Michelle Orr, Gail Thomson and all the sick and housebound.
William Kelly and Angus McDonald, whose anniversaries occur about this time.
- VIGIL: People of the Parish
- SUNDAY: Annette Dunn
- MONDAY: Angus McDonald
- WEDNESDAY: Bridget Dugan
- THURSDAY: Roger Hughes (morning) Annette Dunn (evening)
- FRIDAY: Theresa Divers
- SATURDAY: Annette Dunn
New Website Information on Catholic social teaching around important issues in politics is now available on a new website www.CatholicVotersGuide.org Please visit the website to help you prepare for the forthcoming Scottish Parliamentary elections on 5th May 2011.
Bo’ness Churches Together News The following Holy Week timetable of Services has been arranged and a leaflet with further information will be available nearer the time:-
- Monday, 18th April: St Catharine’s Church, 7:30pm
- Tuesday, 19th April: Carriden Church, 7:30pm
- Wednesday, 20th April: St Mary’s Church, 7:30pm
- Holy Thursday, 21st April: Richmond Park Hotel, 7:30pm
- Good Friday, 22nd April: Salvation Army Citadel, 7:30pm
- Holy Saturday, 23rd April: St Andrew’s Church. Time to be confirmed.
Easter Sunday, 24th April:
8.00 am…..Sunrise Service will be held in the ruins of Kinneil Church (behind Kinneil House). Afterwards, everyone is invited to the Old Kirk Parish Hall for a welcomed hot breakfast!
A Sunrise Service will also be held at Carriden Church, outside the old church ruins at 8.00 am, after which, everyone is invited to a hot breakfast.
6.30 pm…..Evening Service will take place in the Town Hall.
Everyone welcome to both these Services.
‘Growing Into Silence’ – Recommended Lenten Book This year, the Cardinal’s Archdiocesan Recommended Lent Book is ‘Growing Into Silence’ following on from the highly successful BBC Programme ‘The Big Silence’, which generated a huge amount of interest around the country. The book is a resource with various prayer exercises that can be used in the 6 weeks of Lent by individuals or groups. A guideline for group leaders is available for those who wish to lead a Reading Group.
Books are available at £5 per copy from firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Day to all Mothers!