Services for the week
- SUNDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- MONDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am Mass 7.00 pm
- TUESDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- WEDNESDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- THURSDAY: Mass 10.00 am Mass and Way of the Cross 7.00 pm
- FRIDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- SATURDAY: Mass 10.00 am Vigil Mass 6.00 pm
WAY of the CROSS: Short version, after Mass every Friday throughout Lent.
Collections: The Offertory Collection last weekend realized £480.49 and the Special Collection for SCIAF and Papal & Episcopal Charities, £377.58 Grateful thanks to all contributors.
Confirmation: Children of the parish will receive the Sacrament of Confirmation on Thursday, 28th April at 7.00 pm.
This is now the period of Easter Duties:
The Church requires Catholics to go to Holy Communion at least once a year and, if necessary (ie in a state of Mortal Sin), to go to Confession.
· A Plenary Indulgence is available for those who devoutly make the Way of the Cross.
· A Lenten Alms basket is in the church and SCIAF ‘Wee Boxes’ are available in the Hall
In your charity, please remember; Marlene Campbell, Natasha Cox, Gladys Docherty, James Docherty, Michelle Orr, Gail Thomson and all the sick and housebound.
Esther McCallum, whose anniversary occurs about this time.
- VIGIL: People of the Parish
- SUNDAY: Special Intention
- MONDAY: Special Intention
- TUESDAY: Jessie Donaldson
- WEDNESDAY: Mary Scholan
- THURSDAY: Theresa McGarry (morning) Siobhan Dunn (evening)
- FRIDAY: Eric Robertson
- SATURDAY: Annette Dunn
Summer Holiday: I will be away from the parish for a month from 4th May.Your usual warm welcome to Fr Boyd, who will supply at the weekends.
The postponed Christmas Party will be held in the Hall on Friday, 29th April. Please inform one of the SVP members or Pass-keepers if you wish to attend.
Many thanks…from all St Mary’s Parishioners to John McAvoy, who has decided to retire. For many years, John has spent a lot of time working with Robert and Andrew to keep the Grounds in beautiful condition. We are very proud of our gardens and would be grateful for more help with their maintenance.
New Website Information on Catholic social teaching around important issues in politics is now available on a new website www.CatholicVotersGuide.orgPlease visit the website to help you prepare for the forthcoming Scottish Parliamentary elections on 5th May 2011.
Bo’ness Churches Together News The following Holy Week timetable of Services has been arranged and a leaflet with further information will be available nearer the time:-
- Monday, 18th April: St Catharine’s Church, 7:30pm
- Tuesday, 19th April: Carriden Church, 7:30pm
- Wednesday, 20th April: St Mary’s Church, 7:30pm
- Holy Thursday, 21st April: Richmond Park Hotel, 7:30pm
- Good Friday, 22nd April: Salvation Army Citadel, 7:30pm
- Holy Saturday, 23rd April: St Andrew’s Church. Time to be confirmed.
Easter Sunday, 24th April:
8.00 am…..Sunrise Service will be held in the ruins of Kinneil Church (behind Kinneil House). Afterwards, everyone is invited to the Old Kirk Parish Hall for a welcomed hot breakfast!
A Sunrise Service will also be held at Carriden Church, outside the old church ruins at 8.00 am, after which, everyone is invited to a hot breakfast.
6.30 pm…..Evening Service will take place in the Town Hall.
Everyone welcome to all these Services.