Services for Holy week
- SUNDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- MONDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am Mass 7.00 pm
- TUESDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- WEDNESDAY: Mass 10.00 am Ecumenical Way of the Cross 7.30 pm
- HOLY THURSDAY: Mass of the Last Supper 7.00 pm
- GOOD FRIDAY: Liturgy of the Passion 3.00 pm Veneration and Way of the Cross 7.00 pm
- HOLY SATURDAY: Easter Vigil 8.00 pm
Please Note:- Good Friday is a day of Fasting and Abstinence
Collections: The Offertory Collection last weekend realized £445.02 and the Second Collection, £98.14 Grateful thanks to all contributors.
Chrism Mass will be concelebrated by Cardinal O’Brien and Priests of the Diocese in the Cathedral on Tuesday evening at 7.00pm.
This is now the period of Easter Duties: The Church requires Catholics to go to Holy Communion at least once a year and, if necessary (ie in a state of Mortal Sin), to go to Confession.
· A Plenary Indulgence is available for those who devoutly make the Way of the Cross.
· A Lenten Alms basket is in the church.
· Please return your SCIAF ‘Wee Box’ at your earliest convenience.
In your charity, please; remember Marlene Campbell, Gladys Docherty, James Docherty, Michelle Orr, Helen Stevenson and all the sick and housebound.
Charles Markie, who died recently.
- VIGIL: People of the Parish
- SUNDAY: Eric Robertson
- MONDAY: Jean Curran
- TUESDAY: Siobhan Dunn
- WEDNESDAY: Mary Dignan
- THURSDAY: Annette Dignan
Bo’ness Churches Together News
The following Holy Week timetable of Services has been arranged
- Monday, 18th April: St Catharine’s Church, 7:30pm
- Tuesday, 19th April: Carriden Church, 7:30pm
- Wednesday, 20th April: St Mary’s Church, 7:30pm
- Holy Thursday, 21st April: Richmond Park Hotel, 7:30pm
- Good Friday, 22nd April: Salvation Army Citadel, 7:30pm
- Holy Saturday, 23rd April: St Andrew’s Church. Time to be confirmed.
Easter Sunday, 24th April:
8.00 am…..Sunrise Service will be held in the ruins of Kinneil Church (behind Kinneil House). Afterwards, everyone is invited to the Old Kirk Parish Hall for a welcomed hot breakfast!
A Sunrise Service will also be held at Carriden Church, outside the old church ruins at 8.00 am, after which, everyone is invited to a hot breakfast.
6.30 pm…..Evening Service will take place in the Town Hall.
Everyone welcome to all these Services.
Summer Holiday: will be away from the parish for a month from 4th May. Your usual warm welcome to Fr Boyd, who will supply at the weekends.
SVP Party: The postponed Christmas Party will be held in the Hall on Friday, 29th April. Please inform one of the SVP members or Pass-keepers if you wish to attend.
Many thanks from all St Mary’s Parishioners to John McAvoy, who has decided to retire. For many years, John has spent a lot of time working with Robert and Andrew to keep the Grounds in beautiful condition. We are very proud of our gardens and would be grateful for more help with their maintenance.
New Website Information on Catholic social teaching around important issues in politics is now available on a new website www.CatholicVotersGuide.org Please visit the website to help you prepare for the forthcoming Scottish Parliamentary elections on 5th May 2011.
Confirmation: Children of the parish will receive the Sacrament of Confirmation on Thursday, 28th April at 7.00 pm.