Services for the week
- SUNDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- MONDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- TUESDAY: Mass 10.00 am
- WEDNESDAY: MASS 9.00 am
- THURSDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am
- FRIDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am
- SATURDAY: Communion Service 10.00 am Vigil 6.00 pm
· Easter Duty Time (reception of Holy Communion and, if necessary, Confession) continues until after Easter.
A warm welcome to; Fr Carr who will celebrate Mass at the weekend while I am away on holiday on my summer holiday.
Collections; The Offertory Collection last weekend realized £410.82, and the second collection, ££83.54. Grateful thanks to all contributors.
· Please return your SCIAF “Wee Box” at your earliest convenience.
· A special word of thanks to everyone who worked and contributed to make our evening with Archbishop Cushley such a memorable and happy occasion
In your charity, please remember: Sadie Clelland, Jean Cummings, Nancy McCaffrey, and all the sick and housebound. Amy Boyle, Denis Johnstone, John Maguire and Chris McCafferty whose anniversaries occur about this time. May Alexander who died recently.
- VIGIL: Private Intention
- SUNDAY: People of the Parish
- Monday: May Alexander
- Tuesday: Eamon Devine
- Wednesday Special Intention.
Lourdes 2014 We have received the following details from the Lourdes Hospitality Committee:-The dates for this year’s Pilgrimage are Friday 4th to Friday 11th July. If you know of anyone in your parish who would benefit from a pilgrimage to Lourdes, please encourage them to apply. It’s important to book early.
· Applications for Saint Frai pilgrims can be obtained from the Saint Frai Booking Secretary, 61 Hailes Gardens, Edinburgh, EH13 OJN (Tel: 0131 441 1939).
· Unless we have a sufficient number of helpers we will be unable to accept our full complement of Saint Frai pilgrims again this year. If you are considering volunteering in the Saint Frai, please inform Scott Mackenzie as soon as possible by phone on 0784 348 9287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· If you would like to volunteer to help in the Saint Frai or be a hotel pilgrim, application forms can be obtained from Tangney Tours, Pilgrim House, Station Court, Borough Green, Kent, TN15 8AF (01732 886666) or download the forms from the Hospitalité website www.edinburgh-lourdes.com.
· If you know of any young people who would be interested in helping in Lourdes, please contact Kris Thomas by email on email@example.com or by mobile on 07747 867003. For more information please check the Hospitalité website www.edinburgh-lourdes.com.
Bo’ness Care & Share Living in Bo’ness and needing assistance but unsure of what help is available to you? Please come along to our first open sessions and help us to help you ! Everyone welcome, come and have a cuppa with us in the Lund Hall, Cowdenhill Road.
- Tuesday 13th May 1.00 to 3:00pm
- Tuesday 27th May 1.00 to 3:00pm
- Tuesday 10th June1.00 to 3:00pm
SVP News A list of the SVP Holiday Caravans is available in the Hall, for any needy Parishioners who would appreciate a holiday.
Forth Bridges Accordion Band Annual Concerts…..will be held in Falkirk Town Hall on Monday 19 May (7.30 pm) and Bo’ness Town Hall on Friday, 23 May (7.30 pm). Admission – £6.
Bandleader Alan Potters says:- The Committee and Members of the Band are very appreciative for St Mary’s continued support, in offering practice facilities in the Church Hall. As a mark of our appreciation, we are delighted to offer a special concert discount to St Mary’s Parishioners:- Any Parishioner booking a seat before Friday, 2 May, will pay only £3 (Please quote ‘St Mary’s’ to qualify for this discount). Tickets can be reserved via William McAllister or phoning 07834 903 858. The (40+strong) band is a cross-community Marching Band and plays Scottish traditional music and old-time favourites – and new this year is the introduction of waltzes.
For further details, visit our website: www.forthbridgesaccordionband.co.uk