Services for the week
- SUNDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- MONDAY – FRIDAY: Communion Service at 10.00 am
- SATURDAY: Vigil Mass at 6.00 pm
- CONFESSIONS: Saturday, from 5.30 – 5.55pm
A very warm welcome to Fr Henry McLaughlin, who will be here this weekend and next, when I am away on a retreat and a break.
Collections: The Offertory Collection last weekend realized £390.21 and the Special Collection for the Aged and Infirm Clergy Fund, £460.48. Grateful thanks to all donors.
In your charity, please remember in your prayers: Fr Carr, Cindy McDonald, Eileen Smullen, and all the sick and housebound. Jean Bell, Colin and Morag Elder, Jean Hamilton, Michael McCullough, Margaret McGeachan, Frank Maguire, Angeline McKenna Pow and Scott Romanes, whose anniversaries occur about this time.
Cluster Arrangements: The recent update on cluster arrangements, noted that St Mary’s was currently clustered with the two Grangemouth parishes, but that the Archbishop had asked for a clustering with St Michael’s Linlithgow, to be considered.
Tony Edwards and William McAllister met informally with Fr Paul (Kelly) at St Michaels, to discuss how a Bo’ness/ Linlithgow cluster may proceed.
• Notes of the meeting – and those of the third cluster meeting with the Grangemouth parishes are available in the Hall.
• At Mass next weekend, everyone will be given the opportunity to vote on whether to cluster with Linlithgow or remain clustered with Grangemouth.
However, regardless of the outcome, the final decision on the future structure of the Archdiocese and its parishes, will lie with the Archbishop.
Meanwhile, if you would like any further information, please ask Tony or William.
Dates for your Diary:
- Sunday, 2nd October – Venerable Margaret Sinclair Pilgrimage. The annual pilgrimage to pray for the Beatification of Venerable Margaret Sinclair will take place next Sunday, in St Patrick’s, Cowgate, Edinburgh, from 2.00 pm – 6.00 pm. The event will begin with a Holy Hour, followed by a performance of the play “The Margaret Sinclair Story”, which was recently debuted in the Edinburgh Festival. Holy Mass takes place at 4.30 pm, with Archbishop Cushley as principal celebrant. All are very welcome. Please bring your own refreshments.
- Sunday, 9th October (Rosary Sunday) at 7.00 pm – Torchlight Procession at Carfin. The bus will leave St Mary’s for the Carfin Grotto on Sunday, 9th. (time and further details next week) If you’d like to take part, please add your name to the list in the Hall.
Only twelve weeks till Christmas! The Piety stall is open in the Hall every weekend, and has a large stock of Christmas cards, diaries and calendars…