Services for the week:
- SUNDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- MONDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- TUESDAY: Communion Service at 10.00 am
- WEDNESDAY: Communion Service at 10.00 am; Mass & Way of the Cross at 7.00 pm
- THURSDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- FRIDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- SATURDAY: Mass at 10.00 am; Vigil Mass at 6.00 pm
- CONFESSIONS: Saturday, after morning Mass and from 5.30 – 5.55pm
Easter Duty Time (the reception of Holy Communion and – if necessary – Confession), lasts until after Easter.
A Plenary Indulgence is available to all who devoutly make the Way of the Cross during Lent.
Proceeds of the Lenten Alms Box will go to charities of the Archbishop’s choice.
Collections: The Offertory Collection last weekend realized £515.41 and the special collection, for SCIAF, and the Episcopal and Papal Charities, £562.81. Grateful thanks to all donors.
Help needed! With spring already with us, this is an appeal for volunteers to help with the maintenance of the church grounds. Two people willing to give 2 hours a week would make an enormous difference. If you can help please see William or Robert McAllister – or any member of the Finance and Fabric Committee.
SVP Caravans: These are available for parishioners who otherwise would not get a holiday. Dates available:
Pettycur Bay (Fife):
- Week commencing Saturday, 17th June.
Seton Sands (East Lothian):
- Week commencing Saturday, 24th June
- Week commencing Saturday, 5th August (As this is a ‘School Holiday’ slot, a family with school children will be given first preference).
- Week commencing Saturday, 26th August
Either sign the sheet in the Hall or have a private word with an SVP member.
Linlithgow Clustering: St Michael’s has a very active Ladies Group and ladies from St Mary’s are welcome to attend. The Ladies Club meets on alternate Wednesdays at 7.45 pm, in the Queen Margaret Hall. Programme for the next 2 meetings:
- April 5th: Voluntary Teaching in Peru
- April 19th: Inter-Church Evening Supper and Quiz
The Ladies Club Summer Outing (to St Andrews),will take place on Saturday 27th May, leaving Linlithgow around 10/10.30am. On our return journey we will stop for high tea at the Strathearn Hotel in Kirkcaldy. The cost of the Outing is £27 and we would be delighted if some of the ladies from St Mary’s would like to join us. If interested please phone 01506 844730. Why not come along and bring a friend ?
In your charity please remember in your prayers Fr Carr, Maureen Simpson, Eileen Smullen, and all the sick and housebound. Also, Sammy Martin, Bernard McCafferty, Leo McMoran, Alexander Morrison and Mary Nawrocka, whose anniversaries occur about this time, and Rosemary Black, who died recently.
- VIGIL: People of the Parish
- SUNDAY: May Wojtasinska
- MONDAY: Jane Brogan
- WEDNESDAY: Margaret Murray
- THURSDAY: Mary Madden
- FRIDAY: Special Intention
- SATURDAY: Rosemary Black