Services for Holy Week:
- SUNDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- MONDAY: Communion Service at 10.00 am; Mass at 7.00 pm
- TUESDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- WEDNESDAY: Mass at 10.00 am; Ecumenical Way of the Cross at 7.00 pm
- HOLY THURSDAY: Mass of the Last Supper at 7.00 pm
- GOOD FRIDAY: Liturgy of the Passion at 3.00 pm; Veneration/Way of the Cross at 7.00 pm
- HOLY SATURDAY: Easter Vigil at 8.00 pm
- CONFESSIONS: After weekday Mass, Good Friday Services, Saturday, 11.00 – 12 noon
Good Friday is a day of Fasting and Abstinence.
Easter Duty Time (the reception of Holy Communion and – if necessary – Confession), lasts until after Easter.
A Plenary Indulgence is available to all who devoutly make the Way of the Cross during Lent.
Proceeds of the Lenten Alms Box will go to charities of the Archbishop’s choice.
Collections: The Offertory Collection last weekend realized £1010.14 and the second collection, £104.79, making a total giving this week of £1,114.93! Most grateful thanks to all donors.
Thank you to the Music and Movement Group for a further donation of £25.
Please return your SCIAF “Wee Boxes” now.
The Chrism Mass will be concelebrated by Archbishop Cushley and Priests, in the Cathedral on Tuesday evening at 7.00 pm.
Help needed! With spring already with us, this is an appeal for volunteers to help with the maintenance of the church grounds. Two people willing to give 2 hours a week would make an enormous difference. If you can help please see William or Robert McAllister – or any member of the Finance and Fabric Committee.
SVP Caravans: These are available for parishioners who otherwise would not get a holiday. Dates available:
Pettycur Bay (Fife):
- Week commencing Saturday, 17th June.
Seton Sands (East Lothian)
- Week commencing Saturday, 24th June
- New date this week: Week commencing Saturday, 5th August (As this is a ‘School Holiday’ slot, a family with school children will be given first preference).
- Week commencing Saturday, 26th August
Either sign the sheet in the Hall or have a private word with an SVP member.
Linlithgow Clustering: St Michael’s has a very active Ladies Group and ladies from St Mary’s are welcome to attend. The Ladies Club meets on alternate Wednesdays at 7.45 pm, in the Queen Margaret Hall. Programme for the this month:
- April 19th: Inter-Church Evening Supper and Quiz
The Ladies Club Summer Outing (to St Andrews), will take place on Saturday 27th May, leaving Linlithgow around 10/10.30am. On our return journey we will stop for high tea at the Strathearn Hotel in Kirkcaldy. The cost of the Outing is £27 and we would be delighted if some of the ladies from St Mary’s would like to join us. If interested please phone 01506 844730. Why not come along and bring a friend?
In your charity please remember in your prayers Fr Carr, Gerry Henderson, Maureen Simpson, Eileen Smullen, and all the sick and housebound. Also, Agnes Dewar, Catherine Foley, William Kelly, Charlie Markie and Chris Ward-Birkby, whose anniversaries occur about this time, and Mrs. Isobel Dunion who died recently.
- VIGIL: The Wardrop Family
- SUNDAY: People of the Parish
- MONDAY: Mary Nawrocka
- TUESDAY: Special Intention
- WEDNESDAY: May Wojtasinska
- THURSDAY: Margaret Murray