Services for the week:
- SUNDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- MONDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- TUESDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- WEDNESDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- THURSDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- FRIDAY: Communion Service at 10.00 am
- SATURDAY: Communion Service at 10.00 am; Vigil Mass at 6.00 pm
- CONFESSIONS: Saturday, from 5.30 – 5.55 pm
Once again, a warm welcome to Fr Henry McLaughlin, who will be here at the weekends from next week, while I am away on my summer holiday.
Collections: The Offertory Collection last weekend realized £533.21 and the special collection for Mary’s Meals, £266.90. Grateful thanks to all donors.
- Please return your SCIAF “Wee Boxes” now.
- Many thanks for the recent very generous anonymous donation.
- The Lenten Alms collection amounted to £140.
- Special Collection next weekend for the Church Students’ Fund.
Confirmation: Archbishop Cushley will confer the Sacrament of Confirmation on fifteen children from our Parish, during 10 o’clock Mass today. He may use the following wording for the Final Blessing:
- Archbishop: Peace be with you.
- R: And with your spirit.
- Archbishop: Blessed be the name of the Lord.
- R: Both now and forever.
- Archbishop: Our help is in the name of the Lord.
- R: Who made Heaven and Earth.
Archbishop: May Almighty God bless you, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- R: Amen
Race Night: St. Mungo’s High School PTA are holding their annual Race Night on Friday 26th May in St. Francis Xavier’s Church Hall, Falkirk.
- Doors open at 7.30pm, with the first race at 8pm.
- Tickets: £4.00, available from Claire Quin (07988931719) or directly from the school.
- BYOB and snacks!
- Donations for raffle prizes would be greatly appreciated and can be handed in to the school or by contacting Claire Quin.
Linlithgow Ladies Group News: Next meeting is on Wednesday 3rd May when Sarah Ryan will be giving a talk on her work at the Royal Blind School. There are still some seats available for anyone wishing to go on the Summer Outing on Saturday 27th May to St Andrews. The cost of the trip including High Tea is £27. If interested please contact 01506 843392.
In your charity please remember in your prayers Fr Carr, Gerry Henderson, Maureen Simpson, Eileen Smullen, and all the sick and housebound. Also, Canon James Phelan, John Cain, Tina Chandler, Edward Cummings, Catherine Dickson, Mary Elder, Ellen Morrison, John Penman, Annie Simmons and Desmond Swift, whose anniversaries occur about this time. Also, Jean O’Donnell, who died recently.
- VIGIL: People of the Parish
- SUNDAY: May Wojtasinska
- MONDAY: James Temperley
- TUESDAY: William Docherty
- WEDNESDAY: Mary Madden
- THURSDAY: Jean O’Donnell