Services for the week:
- SUNDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- MONDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- TUESDAY: Communion Service at 10.00 am
- WEDNESDAY: Communion Service at 10.00 am; Mass at 7.00 pm
- THURSDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- FRIDAY: Communion Service at 10.00 am
- SATURDAY: Communion Service at 10.00 am; Vigil Mass at 6.00 pm
- CONFESSIONS: Saturday, after morning Mass and from 5.30 – 5.55 pm
Collections: The Offertory Collection last weekend realized £542.18 and the second collection, £123.84. Grateful thanks to all donors. There will be a Special Collection this week for the Aged and Infirm Clergy.
Once again, a warm welcome to Fr Henry McLaughlin who will be here at the weekend as I will be away on a break.
Fabric & Finance Committee: there will be a committee meeting in the Presbytery on Sunday 1 October at 3pm.
Pastoral Parish Council: there will be a meeting in the Church Hall on Thursday 21
September at 7pm.
RCIA: this is the process of faith formation by which adults who choose to do so are
welcomed into the Catholic Church. Weekly sessions will guide enquirers, who seek to become full members of the Catholic Church, through the teachings and beliefs of the Church, and what being Catholic means.
These sessions are also a great opportunity for those who have been Catholic for some time longer, or even since infancy, to learn our faith while offering a supportive environment for those new to the Church. All are very welcome to attend. Sessions will be held weekly on Tuesdays at 7.30pm in the church hall, starting this week, 19th September.
For more information, please contact Callum Timms on 07817 510 850 or by email to
A volunteer-run ‘Breakfast Club’ is starting in St Mary’s Primary School on 25 September. The aim is to ensure that every child has breakfast each school day, thereby helping them to achieve their potential, whilst creating a sociable environment where the children interact. More adult volunteers are required. If any parishioner has an hour to spare on the odd morning and would be interested in helping out with this new venture, please contact: Michael Burnett on 07982 999 785 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates for Your Diary:
- Linlithgow SVDP are running a bus to Carfin on 30 September for a Mass, celebrated by Archbishop Cushley, for the 400 th anniversary of the Vincentian Foundation. The bus will leave St Michael’s at 11:30 and there are a small number of seats available. Please give your name to the Passkeepers if you are interested.
- Social Evening in Grangemouth: There will be an Inter Parochial Social Evening Night in Christ the King (Church Centre), on 21st September at 7.30 pm. Buffet will be served – BYOB. Admission is £7.00. Please forward your name to Julia Cameron or one of the Pass-Keepers.
- Ladies’ Club at St. Michael’s Church, Linlithgow: The Club meet in the Queen Margaret Hall on Wednesday evenings. Meetings generally start at 7.45pm, although ladies usually arrive around 7.30pm.
- Bo’ness Churches Together:
- 22nd September – Craigmaillen Church Beetle Drive / Fish Supper night. – Craigmaillen Church Hall – 7:00pm – £5.00
- 30th September – Salvation Army – Coffee Morning – Salvation Army Hall – 10:00am – Noon – Donations towards the India Mission.
- 3rd October – St Catharine’s Church – “Simple Cookery” – St Catharine’s Church Hall – 10:00 – Noon For adults who struggle to make a meal for themselves, especially some widowers. You are shown how to prepare, cook then eat your lunch with new friends.
- 28th October – St Catharine’s Church – 10:00am – Noon. Prayer Day. Theme – Parables of the Bible. St Mary’s is reflecting on the Parable of the Good Samaritan. All are welcome to participate and to join afterwards into the Church Hall for soup/sandwiches and tea/coffee.
- 30th November – St Mary’s RC Church – St Andrew’s night. Family event in St Mary’s Church Hall. More information to follow.
In your charity, please remember in your prayers, Fr Carr, Maureen Simpson, Eileen Smullen, and all the sick and housebound. Also, Morag Elder, Jean Hamilton, Anita Livingstone, Dan Martin, Patrick McLaughlin, Peter Muldoon, James Rutherford and David Ward, whose anniversaries occur about this time.
- VIGIL: Catherine McKenna
- SUNDAY: People of the Parish
- MONDAY: Nan & Jackie Wardrop
- WEDNESDAY: Margaret & John Martin
- Thursday: Jean & Patrick Darrien