Services for the week:
- SUNDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- MONDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- TUESDAY: Communion Service at 10.00 am
- WEDNESDAY: Communion Service at 10.00 am; Mass at 7.00 pm
- THURSDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- FRIDAY: Mass at 10.00 am
- SATURDAY: Mass at 10.00 am; Vigil Mass at 6.00 pm
- CONFESSIONS: Saturday, after morning Mass and from 5.30 – 5.55 pm
Remembrance Day Service: All Parishioners are invited to attend the Remembrance Day Service, at the Cenotaph, Stewart Avenue, at 12.15 pm today.
Collections: The Offertory Collection last weekend realized £462.78 and the Second Collection, £87.00. Grateful thanks to all donors.
Next weekend Fr Javier will be here to make an Appeal on behalf of the Comboni Missionary Society.
In your charity, please remember in your prayers, Fr Carr, Maureen Simpson, Eileen Smullen, and all the sick and housebound. Also, John Joseph Addison, Grace McAllister, Michael McAvoy, Hugh McGeachan, Robert Meldrum and Sandy Romanes, whose anniversaries occur about this time.
- VIGIL: Peter Croxford
- SUNDAY: People of the Parish
- MONDAY: Ewan Hamilton
- WEDNESDAY: Ewan Hamilton
Dates for your Diary:
- Parish Pastoral Council: There will be a PPC meeting this Thursday, 16th November, in the Hall at 7.00 pm. All welcome!
- St Michael’s (Linlithgow) Ladies’ Club meets every two weeks on Wednesdays, for a social evening which also includes presentations on various topics of interest. Ladies from St Mary’s are cordially invited and will be welcomed to join in! Next Talk is on 22nd November on Breadshare – Community Bakery.
- 30th November: St Andrew’s Night: There will be an evening of prayer and music followed by a fish supper in honour of St Andrew at 7.00 pm in the Church and the Hall. Cost is £2.00 (includes fish & chips, tea and cakes). All welcome! The children of St Mary’s School will take part in the service. Tickets will be on sale in the Hall before Mass over the next few weekends. Transport is available, please leave your name with the Pass Keepers should you need a lift to and from the service.
- Christmas Lunch will be held on Friday, 15 December in the usual venue, Kinneil Bowling Club.
- Christmas Parcels for housebound Parishioners. Please let us know of anyone who is housebound.
- Overseas Aid Fund. £300 has been sent to help with overseas disasters.
DOCAT: In 2015 Pope Francis, speaking directly to young people, gave an inspirational call for us to change our world by becoming active, living examples of Catholic Social Teaching to the world today. He spoke of a million young Christians or, even better, a whole generation, who are for their contemporaries “walking, talking, social doctrine”. To enable us to achieve this, he gave us an instruction manual – a book, and smartphone app, called “DOCAT.”
DOCAT groups are being set up around the world as young people come together to respond to Pope Francis’ Call. Through educating ourselves, and deepening our understanding of the issues, we are aiming to explore ways of becoming active, living examples of Catholic Social Teaching to our world today.
DOCAT Falkirk will meet on the second Sunday of every month in St Francis Xavier’s Church Hall, from 8 – 9.30pm. All young adults,(from 18-30 years old), from across the St Mungo’s cluster are welcomed to attend! Please come along and bring a friend!
We look forward to welcoming you at our launch this evening at 8pm. For further information, contact Callum on 07817 510 850 or by emailing email@example.com